Baileys Stuffed French Toast Recipe
We’ve been asked to share our Baileys Stuffed French Toast recipe, one of our most coveted and indulgent Rock n Roll Brunch items (aptly named Sweet Child O’ Mine on that menu). We’re happy to share, but we’ll warn you right off the bat, you’ll need an electric mixer and a home fryer to produce this dish. If you’re anything like me, you’d easily pass on the idea of buying and preparing all of this at home and gladly head to City Works or Old Town Pour House on a Saturday or Sunday to enjoy it without the work. However, if you’re up for a challenge and have the proper tools, more power to ya! Also, I envy your ability.
So without further ado, let’s dive in.
First things first, there are a couple of things you need to make before you’re off to the races. One of the differentiators in our version of French Toast is our Baileys cream cheese “sandwich” and our ice cream batter. We told you this dish was indulgent… Here’s how to make each.
Baileys Cream Cheese “Sandwich”
- 4 Slices of Bread sliced 3/4″ thick
- 1 lb. Cream Cheese
- ¼ lb. Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Baileys Irish Cream
- Place cream cheese and brown sugar in the mixing bowl of your electric mixer and with a paddle attachment whip together until smooth
- Add Baileys and incorporate
- Take your 4 slices of bread and lay them flat on a table
- Spread 2 oz. of the Baileys cream cheese mixture onto 2 slices of bread, then top those with the remaining slices to create a “sandwich”
- Wrap each sandwich individually in plastic wrap and place in freezer for later
Ice Cream Batter
- 2 cups Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 4 oz. All-Purpose Flour
- 2 oz. Cornstarch
- Melt ice cream in mixing bowl
- Add flour and cornstarch and mix together until completely incorporated, ensure there are no clumps
- Place in a container with a lid, refrigerate for later
Now, onto the magic!
Stuffed French Toast
- 2 Baileys Cream Cheese “Sandwiches” (from previous step)
- 6 oz. Ice Cream Batter (from previous step)
- 4 oz. Mixed Berries (strawberries, blueberries; anything you prefer)
- ½ TBS Granulated Sugar
- 1 TBS Powdered Sugar
- 2 oz. Pancake Syrup, warm
- Take 2 “sandwiches” out of the freezer
- Dip the sandwiches into the ice cream batter
- Cook in the fryer until they are golden brown, turning sandwiches over halfway through (approx. two minutes). Make sure the sandwiches are fully submerged in the oil. When done, drain very well over the fryer, letting the grease drip off.
- Stack sandwiches in the center of your plate, top with mixed berries. We make a compote in the restaurants, but topping with fresh berries is also delicious.
- Dust French Toast with powdered sugar and serve with warm pancake syrup
Best of luck with this Stuffed French Toast recipe! If you try making this dish, share your photos and let us know on social media. You can also view more recipes and food-related topics on our blog. Happy brunching!